Vampire facial rejuvenation is a popular name for a non-surgical cosmetic procedure involving platelet rich plasma, derived from a patient’s own blood, combined with dermal needling. Vampire facial rejuvenation (made famous by Hollywood celebrities such as Kim Kardashian) has become a highly sought-after, non-surgical procedure for facial and skin rejuvenation. Vampire facial rejuvenation helps to combat the 3 signs of ageing, refreshing and rejuvenating the skin, assisting the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and promoting new collagen production to assist firmness, tone and texture. It can also assist with scarring.
Vampire facial rejuvenation combines Platelet-rich plasma (PRP), blood plasma that has been enriched with platelets, and dermal needling. which involves repeatedly puncturing the skin with tiny, sterile needles to create a controlled skin injury used to stimulate the skin’s natural healing processes. Hyaluronic acid can also used to plump the skin. The application of PRP together with dermal needling (also known as Collagen induction therapy) and hyaluronic acid provides a powerful combination, stimulating and accelerating collagen production refreshing, rejuvenating and regenerating skin and soft tissue.
Platelet Rich Plasma therapy involves taking your own blood (the same as when having a blood test), isolating the Platelet Rich Plasma within the blood and reinjecting that blood back into the face. Platelet rich plasma. has a higher concentration of growth factors than normal blood. These growth factors have been shown to cause cells to multiply and form new tissue. This means that a higher concentration of growth factors are being released into whatever area of the face or neck you are wanting to treat, enhancing healing and tissue regeneration by creating new collagen. The dermal needling creates small channels in the epidermis which accelerates healing, allows deeper penetration of hyaluronic acid and enhances the affects of the PRP and the formation of new tissue.
Vampire facial rejuvenation, improves your complexion, skin texture and to restores lost facial volume by stimulating collagen and new skin cells. Because PRP harnesses the beneficial functions of the patients own platelets, there is no risk of allergy or rejection of the treatment.
How does PRP differ to conventional cosmetic treatments?
PRP differs in several ways:
• Its effects last a lot longer than traditional injectables such as anti-wrinkle injections and fillers.
• PRP actually stimulates new, natural collagen production
• PRP does not give an instant result but effects of the procedure continue to improve over time. Improvement can be seen from 2 to 3 weeks after the procedure.
• PRP is all natural and harmless. Platelet Rich Plasma is a component of your own blood, without any additives, so there is no risk of allergic reactions
• There is no risk of paralysis. PRP does not work by reducing the movement of the muscles of facial expression so unlike anti-wrinkle injections has no potential to cause paralysis
PRP contains a much higher concentration of platelets than normal blood. This means that higher concentration of growth factors are being released into the treated area. PRP stimulates your own skin and stem cells to produce more collagen, elastin and connective tissue. Using your body’s own healing messengers to promote skin rejuvenation, PRP treatments improve skin thickness and moisture, and results in a more toned, tight and youthful looking appearance.
The main areas treated with Cosmetic PRP are:
• Facial fine lines and wrinkles
• Overall facial skin rejuvenation and tightening
• Eyes (Peri Orbital fine lines, wrinkles and creepy skin)
• Neck rejuvenation
• Back of hands
• Hair rejuvenatio